Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Me Layout

I decided to do a page about me. I have very few of these pages -it is always the kids or hubby. I think most scrapbookers fall into this trap.

I started out with the 7 Gypsies Coloma paper (I used the B side). After I had used my punchinella on my other layout (painted with it) I used it on this page.
In this close-up it shows a technique that I used the Cuttlebug for. I used leftover plastic packaging from some Jenni Bowlin Chipboard buttons. I used my new Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Embossing folder and ran the plastic through the Cuttlebug. It makes such a fabulous emboss on the plastic. I wanted it to pop more so I painted the back with purple paint and then wiped some of the paint off. It left just the right amount of paint! So don't throw away your leftover packaging, you never know what you might be able to do with it and you are up-cycling!
I loved the 7 Gypsies wax seal! I melted the wax onto the center of the flower and then pressed the seal into the wax. Before I pressed the seal in the wax though I inked it with black ink which makes it stand out more. I love how it looks. I used flowers that I bought at Walmart a few years ago. The colors worked perfectly with this layout. I used Helmar 450 to glue the flowers together and glue the button onto the flower. I also used it for gluing the purple dots trim to the red lace. If you have not tried Helmar 450, you simply must! It is fabulous!!!!!!!!
I used my border punch for the top corner piece. Hope you enjoyed! Go try embossing plastic for your next layout! It rocks!
Terena

1 comment: